Monday, July 21, 2008

Tis a sad day...

Brendan has been enjoying the presence of his sister, Stephanie, for the past week. Stephanie lives out of state with their mom who is married to a soldier in Iraq right now. He's got about 6 more months of Iraq duty, then will be back in the states. It's really difficult for Brendan to see her leave. He misses her a great deal. Stephanie won't be back to our state again most likely till spring break next year. It'll be a long wait.

I hope you'll be praying for Brendan not to be too sorrowful, and that his sis will have a safe journey back home.

4 comments:

Amy Fichtner said...

Awww, I am glad he had a good time with his sister!! I just found your blog and I am so excited!!

NLT said...

How sad! I'll def. pray for him and you guys while he's so sad! :P I just found your blog too from Sam's site so I'm excited too! Now I get to read about the McNeills from two points of view...hmmm...lol :P

Shelly said...

How is Brendan doing? I hope he isn't too sad. How old is Stephanie? Was she the girl in the pool on Sammie?

Unknown said...

Brendan's doing pretty good. He's battling a pretty bad attitude though. That's the toughest problem with him when people come and go in his little life. He has a hard time trying to figure out what to do with his anger.

Stephanie just turned 12 last month and yes, she's the girl in the pool :-)