Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What's a mother to do?

*sigh* Samantha is at teen camp this week. I always struggle with her going away each year to camp with the teens. I want her to have a wonderful time and be with her friends and enjoy the conference time and the activities... but at the same time, I'm a very selfish person (I know, shame on me!). I want her with me all the time.

Okay, here's where I get to brag on my daughter: She's one of the most responsible teenagers I've ever met. She might have her moments around the house where she procrastinates or does something really odd, but for the most part she's what I wish I could've been when I was a teen! Spiritually, she's light years ahead of where I was at her age. She has a sweet spirit about her that everyone has to love (okay, if you personally don't love her sweet spirit, don't comment on my blog... I'll just delete you. Yes, I'm partial to my own opinion!! ha ha)

I pray that she will be safe on her trip and that she'll return soon!!

1 comment:

NLT said...

aww, how sweet! What a good mom! At least Sam knows she's missed! Hope they have an awesome time!